Retirement is one of the best times of anyone’s life. After living a life filled with daily grinds and raising kids, it is time for you to settle down and have a lot of carefree fun. The first day of the start of a golden period is the most difficult time and almost everyone is confused on how to spend it. Let us check out 25 things you could do on the first day of your retirement:
1. During your hardship, the one person, who is always there by your side, is your spouse. You spouse has been there for years without getting that special time from you. It’s time to give your spouse the time, which they deserve.
2. During the time when you were trying to work as hard as possible to ensure that your child gets raised properly, you might have missed the “Goods and Bads” of their life. You might not bring those times back, but you can start by sitting with them and knowing what is going on in their life now.
3. You can look for a part time job as well, which can give you a stable income, but does not take a lot of effort or time from your end.
4. While living for your family, you might have missed out on your hobbies. It is time for you to spend time on your hobbies.
5. Even though it is tiring, but exercising from day one itself can ensure that you are in the best possible health.
6. If there was a task, which was long pending, because of lack of free time on your end, it is time to give it a kick-start on the very first day.
7. Look for a new property to move to. You can restart your new life in a new locality altogether.
8. You can start your business as well, if you were planning for the same before retirement. On day one, you can start with some research or survey on the same.
9. You must contact relatives, who are very close to you to find out what is going on in their life.
10. It’s time for you to meet your friends as well. There are high chances that your work might have made you those happy moments in your friend’s life. It’s time for you to give them a call and arrange a get together very soon.
11. Volunteer work is another thing, which you can do, in case you like helping others. There are different organizations, which you can join for the same task.
12. You can share wisdom as well with others having lesser experience than you do using different mode of communications.
13. There is no end to learning. Even at your age, you can try knowing different topics, which might interest you.
14. You can look for different homes in your neighborhood for finding out parents that require babysitting services for their child.
15. Planning a holiday to a beautiful location is another way of spending your first day in retirement.
16. You can plan a regular checkup with your doctor on the first day of your retirement to be confirmed that you are in the right shape.
17. If you had a grudge on a friend or a family member, it is time for you to pick up the phone, end that today only and start your relationship with them afresh.
18. If you have a social networking account (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), it is time for you to get active there. If you do not, open an account and get connected to everyone, who you know.
19. Retiring is a big deal for anyone. You can celebrate the occasion as well with friends and family members.
20. You might also like spending some time with your grand kids and relive those years, which you might have missed for all those years of being engaged in a hectic schedule.
21. You can even just sit on your chair and look back on the years that have passed by.
22. You can miss the time, which you used to spend at your workplace.
23. You can gather all your financial information. You must know where your investments are. You should also be updated with their current state on the very first day of your retirement, as you will need all the money now to live further.
24. If you have an adequate amount of money in your hand, you can even invite a consultant to your home and know what you can do with that money.
25. Finally, there is one thing, which you can do, skipping the rest for the next day, as it is the first day of your retirement. You can RELAX for the entire day. You deserve to rest this day, as you can commence with all the rest of the things from the next day. So, enjoy the FIRST DAY OF RETIREMENT by RELAXING.